Tuna Crunch Salad
If you’re looking for something light and refreshing to serve for lunch, look no further!
Tuna Crunch Salad can be served either on its own, as a Jacket Potato filling or in crusty bread as a sandwich.
I quite like having a bowl of it in the fridge to nibble on when feeling peckish. If there are any ingredients listed that you’re not keen on feel free to leave them out. Add in whatever salad items you like. Just try to chop the ingredients so they’re a similar size to each other.
- A tin of no-need-to-drain tuna or a can of tuna, drained
- A stick or two of celery, washed and chopped into small pieces
- A can of sweetcorn, drained
- A fresh red pepper, washed and diced into small pieces
- A fresh vine-ripened tomato (an ordinary tomato would do, but vine-ripened have more flavour) or cherry or plum tomatoes halved or quartered.
- A small red onion, peeled and finely sliced *optional
- A spring onion, rinsed, peeled and sliced into fine slices *optional
- Cucumber, washed and diced.
- Salad Cream or Mayonaise to mix
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Prepare all the ingredients as described above
Put all the salad ingredients and the tuna in a bowl and mix well
Add a little Salad Cream or Mayonaise to taste
Finish with a good grinding of Freshly Ground Black Pepper and serve.